[Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

Ulrich Wehner uwehner at lanier.com
Tue Jan 17 15:11:49 PST 2006

Till,

i downloaded those something like a year ago, from the CUPS website, when
you install the ddk it actually provides a .po file and there are options
for the ppdc compiler to use those language files.

try the man page.... :)

Regards
Uli Wehner

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmx.net>
01/17/2006 05:59 PM

Ulrich Wehner <uwehner at lanier.com>
cc
Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com>, desktop_printing at osdl.org
Subject
Re: [Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

Ulrich Wehner wrote:

> Mike
>
> i have used the DDK to create multi language PPDs, the language files
> are easy enough to translate.
>
> Once the files were created the ddk just cranks them out, easy enough.

So current subversion snapshot of CUPS DDK produces multi-language PPDs?

> In a windows environment we typically provide multi language resource
> files..... Not sure how windows users will take to CUPS ppds (as they
> are not Logo certified by MS)
>
> personally i like the CUPS windows drivers. The whole CUPS, Samba,
> Windows client thing works great.

Where did you download the CUPS Windows drivers? I did not find them. Or
did you compile by yourself from the source code downloaded from the
subversion repository?