[Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Tue Jan 17 10:37:59 PST 2006

> PPDs should be multi-language, so that every user sees the printer
options in his desktop language. Best would be to not re-invent the
wheel for it and use the implementation of CUPS 1.2:

The multi-language PPD file is indeed a really good idea. I was thinking
about that too. Thanks Michael and Easysoft to make it a reality.

> We also need to convert the sets of single-language manufacturer PPDs
into multi-language ones, preferrably with the help of a script.

For manufacture supplied PPD files, I prefer the change be made by the
manufacture. We'll have a better tracking of the version and the
translation will be consistent with Windows/Mac driver.
I don't have any objections for the changes you planned to make for xml
based foomatic drivers,

George