[Desktop_printing] Omni driver framework

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Jan 16 15:13:48 PST 2006

There are some POS printers which are not supported otherwise, also it
seems that Omni has more special drivers for dot-matrix printers.

Omni was also an implementation for using UPDF, but it seems that UPDF
files for printers never were really produced.

But Omni did not really get very mature, it has bugs and the printout
quality for the many supported printers which are also supported by
other drivers was always worse than with the other driver. Omni was also
rather slow.

   Till