[Desktop_printing] What do we need for the summit at Lanier in Atlanta?

Ulrich Wehner uwehner at lanier.com
Mon Jan 16 05:35:16 PST 2006

HT, Ralph,

Since we are going to be within a corporate facility, we have to be good
corporate citizens...

we plan on having local connectivity within the technology center at all
times. This would include access to printers. (many)

we also have  'guest access' to the internet, no proxy authentication.
This will assure that attendees are not cut off from the world.

All Ricoh and Lanier participants have full internet and local access at
all times.

Regards
Uli Wehner
Solutions Engineer
(770) 493 2324

Hin-Tak Leung <hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk>
01/13/2006 07:40 PM

Ralph Giles <giles at ghostscript.com>
cc
Ulrich Wehner <uwehner at lanier.com>, desktop_printing at lists.osdl.org
Subject
Re: [Desktop_printing] What do we need for the summit at Lanier in
Atlanta?

Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:15:48PM -0500, Ulrich Wehner wrote:
>
>>>     * internet access?
>> Would be great: Read mail between sessions, show stuff on project
pages,
>> linuxprinting.org, ...
>
> I would say this essential. Also, it is helpful if the connection is
> relatively unfiltered. We had serious problems getting work done at
> last year's summit because the local firewall interfered with many
> of our normal collaboration tools.

... and the libre software meeting organisers had the perverse
idea of switching off network access completely during their
open-source evangelism session to pursuade people to turn up...
(sigh...) - network connectivity was not reliable either even when
they had it up :-(.

HT

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com