[Desktop_printing] BSTQC proposed to share our printer compatibility test result on this printer summit

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sat Jan 14 11:07:45 PST 2006

秦燮 wrote:
> Hi OL',
>
> 	I am from BeiJing Software Testing & QA Center(BSTQC), China.
>
> 	Now we have just done a compatibility test for the printer based on 4 Linux Desktop OS (RedFlag4.1+, CoCreate2005, RayxLX and NeoShine2.0 ) and 5 Office software ( RedOffice2.0, Co-CreateOffice2005, EvermoreOffice2004, NewShineOffice2.0 and OpenOffice 1.1.1.  According to the market occupier rank, we chose 90 styles of printer belonging to 9 brands - Epson, HP, Lenovo, Lexmark, Canon, Xerox, Samsung, Brother and OKI - as our test sampler.
> 	This testing is focused on the compatibility on local printing, intranet printing, internet printing, printer setting, OS application( mozilla, edit, mail tool,  PDF reader, picture viewer) and office tools.
>
> 	We'd like to share the test results on summit, also communicate the related problems we met during this printer compatibility testing.
>
> 	Printer testing is one lasting project here. And after this printer compatibility testing, we will do compatibility testing on other hardwares, i.e. usb, scanner, digital camera...

Great, I am looking forward to meet you on the Summit.

I think also that we should feed your results into linuxprinting.org, to
have linuxprinting.org as one-stop location for all printer
compatibility questions. There are probably a lot of models tested by
you which do not have an entry on linuxprinting.org yet.

Perhaps we can also join this testing activity somehow with Waldo
Bastian's suggestion of printer/distro certification.