[Desktop_printing] What do we need for the summit at Lanier in Atlanta?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sat Jan 14 10:58:29 PST 2006

Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> Ralph Giles wrote:
>> I would say this essential. Also, it is helpful if the connection is
>> relatively unfiltered. We had serious problems getting work done at
>> last year's summit because the local firewall interfered with many
>> of our normal collaboration tools.
>

> ... and the libre software meeting organisers had the perverse
> idea of switching off network access completely during their
> open-source evangelism session to pursuade people to turn up...
> (sigh...) - network connectivity was not reliable either even when
> they had it up :-(.

The organization of LSM in Dijon was completely broken, also the
selection of rooms for the groups and the talks, the information to the
visitors what is happening on the event, complicated burocratical
process to get a social event ticket, ... I was really disappointed. I
asked my co-workers here at Mandriva after the event how other LSMs
were, and they told that LSMs in Bordeaux were good, and LSMs at other
locations similar to the Dijon disaster. And as Bordeaux people do not
want to make an LSM any more, it was clear for me to do never again a
Printing Summit on an LSM and on the LinuxWorld Expo in San Francisco
last year I decided to do the next Printing Summit in the US, to get
more important people onto the event.