[Desktop_printing] Update of the Printing Summit Agenda

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Jan 12 03:41:21 PST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 16:38, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Here is the originally suggested agenda with some points mentioned on
> the mailing list added:

[....]

>         * "Printing as a desktop service" - non-native apps and apps
>           from ISV should use standard printing dialog from KDE/GNOME
>           (Kurt Pfeifle)

Hmmm... I don't want to make it mandatory (as it sounds above). It
should be an option for ISVs to use (but a guaranteed service to be
provided by the respective DE).

This suggestion is part of the RUDI/Portland initiative (which is
currently only beginning its work). The printing folks, meeting at
the summit should give their input so that the spec drafted for RUDI
doesnt miss important items.

Cheers,
Kurt