[Desktop_printing] Update of the Printing Summit Agenda

Ralph Giles giles at ghostscript.com
Wed Jan 11 14:13:24 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:46:25PM -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:

> PostScript also supports high color depth and color management,
> just not as easy...

Do you mean the Ghostscript and Distiller extensions for describing
transparency? Certainly another option is for us to (modulo trademarks)
create our own "ps level 4" spec with support for 16 bpc images,
transparency and so on. However, given the industry support for PDF and
the advantage of a declarative format, I don't think that's the
direction we should go.

 -r