[Desktop_printing] Question for PDFA

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jan 11 13:23:31 PST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:06:45 -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:

> lists.apple.com), but as far as I know the PDF output on MacOS X
> contains embedded fonts and thus does not conform to PDF/A.
>
> (The PDF output *might* conform to PDF/is, but again it is best

Can you (or someone) point to the canonical definitions of PDF/A and
PDF/is?

For PDF/A a little bit of googling turned up the following for PDF/A:

	http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000125.shtml

which points to ISO 19005-1 (so perhaps there's the canonical source
there).

But, interestingly enough, that web page also says in its description
of PDF/A:

	All fonts must be embedded and also must be legally embeddable
	for unlimited, universal rendering

which doesn't square well with what you describe above.

Am I just confused?

-Carl