[Desktop_printing] Agenda proposal: Replace PostScript by PDF as job transfer format

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 8 08:14:49 PST 2006

   Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:25:38 -0500
   From: Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com>

   Ralph Giles wrote:
   > On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 11:50:55PM -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:
   >
   >> After reworking the custom option code to use the CustomKeyword
   >> and ParamCustomKeyword, we can't (easily) support an arbitrary
   >> array of values.  There *is* a "curve" type (does the traditional
   >> gamma curve), but no lookup-table or piecewise-linear-curve.
   >
   > Can cupsICCProfile not be used for this?

   It can, but only for ICC profiles.  Robert is talking about passing
   in arbitrary lookup tables/curves (or at least that is the context
   of our previous discussions on the subject...)

Correct -- this would be for e. g. custom linearization curves (useful
if you're using non-standard inks or unusual papers, or you simply
think that you can do a better job than we can), or GCR curves, or the
like.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton