[Desktop_printing] Agenda proposal: Replace PostScript by PDF as job transfer format

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Jan 7 20:50:55 PST 2006

Robert L Krawitz wrote:
>    Still PPD files.  I don't see that changing anytime soon, and I
>    think the PPD extensions I'll be demoing/presenting at the summit
>    should satisfy most of your needs (if not all).
>
> Curves???

No.

After reworking the custom option code to use the CustomKeyword
and ParamCustomKeyword, we can't (easily) support an arbitrary
array of values.  There *is* a "curve" type (does the traditional
gamma curve), but no lookup-table or piecewise-linear-curve.

We can come up with standard non-option attributes to support
arbitrary, multi-value curve data at the printing summit or off-line,
however we won't be supporting it as a normal PPD option.