[Desktop_printing] Kicking off the Open Printing Summit

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 12:52:24 PST 2006

John Cherry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you are on the desktop_printing mailing list, you have been contacted
> about the Open Printing Summit which is tentatively scheduled for the
> March/April timeframe.  In order to close on the timeframe / location
> for this meeting, I have put together a very short survey for everyone
> on this list to take.  It asks the following questions...

I just filled in the questionaire. I was under the impression that
it might be as early as the first week of March so I had already scheduled
a Visa application interview for 27th Jan with the US Embassy London.
(there is a 3-4 week queue at this time of year). I saw that the
most popular time of the 10+ response so far is mid-April. The important
issue for me at the moment is really whether I can get an invitation letter
with sufficient details, etc for the 27th Jan interview, or should I call
the Embassy to cancel and re-schedule for a later date.

As for attending, the last couple of printing summit was quite enjoyable
and I'd like to go; other than having some appointments on 15/16th and
19th March (which I can get out of if needed) there isn't much
problem of getting time off for just one week - it should be more or
less just telling my boss when (my current job is in an academic
scientific/medical research place). However, as I'll be financing for the
trip myself (from UK), and especially if the location is not east coast, I
would like to see if there is any kind of sponsorship...

Hin-Tak