[printing-discuss] RE: [printing-driver] proposal of what features the communication toaprinter driver should support

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 10:09:31 PST 2001

In case of the ink running out, the current page should be repeated
after replacing the cartridges, if one prints Duplex an already printed
back side must be repeated, too. Or one must declare the cartridge empty
  when it still contais a little rest of ink, to avoid that it runs out
in the middle of the page. The threashold to declare a cartridge as
empty should perhaps depend on the paper size of the printer/the current
page or even on the bitmap of the current page, especially for
large-format printers (Epson Stylus Pro 10000 and so). One could even
consider this separately for all the colors (C, M, Y, K, c, m). One
could perhaps even hold a job when it comes to a page for which the
current cartridges have not enough ink any more and let a job with a
smaller paper size/ink density pass by.

    Till