[Printing-architecture] Job Tickets in PDF Files - see CUPS/1.4
blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:40:13 PDT 2008
Thanks for announcing next week's Open Printing SC meeting!
I've been very busy with a live radio show, PWG meetings last
week, and Samsung stuff.
I *have* read the various threads on Color Management and
user-specific presets and so on.
** Embedding Job Tickets in PDF Files **
CUPS/1.4 Beta Support
- STR#2903 - 3 September 2008
- "%cupsJobTicket:" comments at top of PDF files
- Open printing should consider adopting this as
an OP Standard
- A possible GSoC 2009 project could be JTAPI
support for this format
- Also, since it complements base PDF standards
(ISO PDF/A, PWG PDF/is), perhaps the PWG would
adopt it as a PWG Candidate Standard (with a PWG
namespace prefix, rather than CUPS)?
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
More information about the Printing-architecture