[Printing-architecture] [Gimp-print-devel] Looking ahead to 5.3

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 17:41:51 PDT 2008

Hi :)

Robert Krawitz wrote:

> Right, but if the infrastructure's missing something, we need to know
> what it is and if necessary how to work around it.

What's missing, I think, is any way of storing persistent data
server-side on a per-user basis.  The cups filters have access to the
name of a job's "owner", yes?  So as far as I can see, fetching a user's
overrides (for those parameters which are out-of-band as far as the
Common Printing Dialog is concerned) would be easy enough if there were
anywhere suitable to store them.

> And that's a very big problem -- the whole point of creating presets
> like this is to use them.

Yup, absolutely.

All the best,
--