[Printing-architecture] Embedded printing

Matt Gessner magembcons at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:33:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

I''m looking for some solutions for doing printing on an embedded system
(arm, if it matters).  Raster screen shots and simple text reports are
(pretty much) all that's desired.

One objective is to avoid using anything that requires floating point math,
as it's only emulated on this particular arm.

I've been searcing the lists and can't find anything specific to embedded
systems, but in an O'Reilly article from 2007, there's a note that such
capabilities would be added in 6 months.  Since we're well past that date,
I'm wondering if that's been tackled.

Would someone please point me to some resources where I could read up on how
to do printing on such a system?  I will continue to do my own research, but
it sure seems like this is an area where there would be some discussion so
I'm hoping this is the right list.

Thank you.