[Printing-architecture] printing in embedded systems

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:25:40 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Donald Welch <donald.welch at hp.com> wrote:
> For printing to an HP printer:
> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
>
> Specifically, the hpijs solution (a subset of hplip), provides a printing
> driver for ~1,500 HP printers.

Excellent, so I could write a IJS client in my application.  I think
Cairo can generate image surfaces, so once I figure out the image
format, it should be possible to send a raster image directly to the
HPIJS server.  Seems doable.  I'd really like to skip ghostscript as
cairo will likely be much more efficient at rasterizing an image on a
low power ARM processor.

Thanks,
Cliff