[Printing-architecture] poppler vs. GhostScript & color management

Alex Wauck alex.wauck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:27:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think under these circumstances we should switch all PDF rasterization to
> Ghostscript. Otani-san, can you change the pdftoraster (and if needed also
> the pdftopdf filter) to be based on the Ghostscript library libgs? Lars,
> Alex, can you make the preview of the printing dialog be libgs-based?
> Tobias, Hin-Tak, can you do the appropriate changes on pdftoijs?

I know nothing about libgs.  Ironically, now that the school year has
started, I will probably have more free time, so I can take a look at it.
No promises, though.  Given that krita, inkscape, and okular (according to
apt-cache rdepends) use Poppler, it may be wiser to improve Poppler
instead.  I  am thouroughly unfamiliar with the Poppler codebase though, so
I have no idea how difficult it would be to do so.

Alex