[Printing-architecture] Suggestion for a small change in your design for the Common Printing Dialog

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:37:43 PDT 2008

Hi Alex,

On the front page of most print dialogs is the choice: current page, all pages,
or page range.

I suggest a set of page range boxes, horizontally (or vertically for I18N),
where the first defaults to '1..last', changing it's value (e.g., to '2..5')
changes the second box default to '6..last', etc.  Needs work perhaps,
but the idea is to separate your list below into a series of ranges (or
single page numbers) in separate entry boxes to make better sense for
non-geeks.  Then perhaps a blue/grey squares horizontal diagram below
the pages boxes that shows the selected pages graphically on one line.

Over the DBUS control channel, a multi-valued 'pages' attribute should
be used (not the simple 'n..m' typical format).

Cheers,
- Ira

email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter: