[Printing-architecture] Common Printing Dialog: Coding Kick-Off in Berlin CANCELED. New meeting plans.

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:27:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

unfortunately, we did not find any suitable venue for running the
planned meeting. We also did not get many answers of people willing to
participate and the most important person for the implementation of the
dialog, Alexander Wauck, lives in the US.

So Peter and me have decided to cancel the meeting on a phone call which
we had today.

We also have done the real coding kick-off already by the mailing list.
There we have already written down which specs we will create and how
the interface between the dialog and the applications should look like.
The original intention of the meeting was also to present the dialog to
KDE and GNOME developers to find people to do the implementation, but
now we have found the people via the Google Summer of Code.

Me, Jonathan Riddell, and Celeste Paul will be on the Ubuntu Developer
Summit which will take place next week in Prague. There we will have
meetings about the dialog and I invite everyone here to join, at least
by phone. Schedules and call-in instructions I will post as soon as I
have them.

Josef, for you it is only 2 hours (by train or by car) to get from
Dresden to Prague, you could even meet with us personally. I could ask
the Linux Foundation whether they would pay your travel for a one-day trip.

I will also be on the LinuxTag, most probably Wed, May 28 and Thu, May
31. There I can also meet with some of you.

Lars, we can also meet on Tue, May 27 here in Berlin.

    Till