[Printing-architecture] Partner Ship for Next Summit Meeting

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Apr 22 08:08:46 PDT 2008

Till,

Yes.  This is a plan I would support.   At the LF Summit we do as much
requirements gathering and reporting with as many other teams as possible.
At the desktop-oriented meetings we refine our requirements, report our
state/status and make any requests to the desktop people.  As you stated, I
don't think this needs to have a Print Summit at the desktop meetings but a
representative (or two) of the Open-Printing gathering and reporting
information.   We should try to keep up visibility with at least these
groups until printing is "fully support".

Thus, a proposed agenda item for the next SC meeting is discussion around
this subject.

0. Glen will complete his trip report and recorded action items from the
summit meeting.

1. The SC identifies what Linux conference/summits/working-groups to attend.
This could include joining email list also.
	a. Who is planning or who can attend each conference / summit
	   /working-group.

2. What are Open-Printing groups issues, needs and requests (to the
distro's, the desktop folks, the ????)
	a. I see this as the time and opportunity to make Linux printing
	   support be what we think it should/needs to be from all aspects.
	b. We can refine, enhance, change, leave-alone the current situation

         with all areas of Linux printing.

3. Create an LF/OP work-group or at least an activity to coordinate,
document and report on these activities.   Documentation here means, on the
OP Wiki, we completely document Linux Printing ranging from the dialog to
app-usage to pnp to driver to ppd's to ??? and all of this is done from the
user's, application developers, distro's and the driver developer
perspective.  Till, as always, you have got a great start to this but we
should all try to help organize, support and contribute.

gwp