[Printing-architecture] Google Summer of Code 2008 - Mentors urgently needed

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:17:25 PDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry, I am NOT able to mentor a JTAPI GSoC project, due to my
lworkload at Samsung plus my PWG and DMTF public standards
work (five very active working groups).

I suggest that a complete JTAPI implementation (C interfaces,
abstract memory-based object manager, and encode/decode
routines for at least one industry standard job ticket format)
would be 8 man-months for an experienced developer with
a strong printing background - i.e., too large for a summer
intern project.

I also would like to complete the standardization of my proposed
PWG Micro Job Ticket (a very compact encoding), because an
XML encoded job ticket will remain unacceptably large for use
in mobile devices (a major target for Open Printing APIs).

Cheers,
- Ira