[Openais] firewire

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 16:45:57 PST 2011

Has anyone had any success running corosync with the firewire-net module? I want
to set up a two node router cluster with a dedicated link between the routers.
Only problem is, I've run out of ethernet ports so I've got ip configured on the
firewire ports. pinging's no problem between the addresses.. funny thing is, on
one of them (and they're really identical) corosync starts up no problem at all
and stays up. on the other one corosync fails with  "ERROR: ais_dispatch:
Receiving message body failed: (2) Library error: Resource temporarily
unavailable (11)."

Reading up on the firewire-net mailing outstanding issues turned up that
multicast wasn't fully implemented so my corosync.conf files both say broadcast:
yes. instead of mcast-addr

Firewire-net was emitting fwnet_write_complete: failed: 10  errors so I pulled
down the latest vanilla kernel 2.6.37.2 and am running that. with far fewer of
that error..

otherwise versions are
Debian Squeeze
Corosync Version: 1.2.1-4
Pacemaker 1.0.9.1+hg15626-1

Is this a hopeless case? I've a got a debug log from corosync that doesn't seem
that helpful. If you want I can post that as well

Thanks