[Openais] corosync.spec

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Jun 9 21:30:51 PDT 2010

On 6/10/2010 6:18 AM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2010, at 11:56 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2010 1:50 AM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There are several issues with corosync spec file.
>>>
>>> - configure script should be called in %build, not in %prep section.
>>> - the macro used for init.d is wrong
>>> - chckonfig --add should be called only when rpm is installed, not during upgrade, because it will overwrite the custom set priorities
>>>
>>> I attached the patch:
>>
>> Not acknowledge.
>>
>> The %prep vs %build is not a requirement in any rpm based distribution.
>> configuring the tree is preparation of the tree and not build (but we
>> can argue about this forever as it goes down to how you see at the whole
>> build process).
>
> If one would want to see what the source code is getting compiled he would execute:
>
> rpmbuild -bp --nodeps corosync.spec
>
> If you put configure in the prep section it would go through commotion of looking for build tools and fails when none of the build tools are installed and all that for no reason.
>
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-scripts.html
> suggests to run configuration script in the build section all Redhat rpms I saw behave this way
> I still remember what R in rpm stands for.

I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

The %prep Script
[snip of the obvious irrelevant bits]

# Perform any other actions required to get the sources in a
ready-to-build state.

[snip]

The %build Script

The %build script picks up where the %prep script left off. Once the
%prep script has gotten everything ready for the build, the %build
script is usually somewhat anti-climactic — normally invoking make,
maybe a configuration script, and little else.
^^^^^^
[snip]

Either way, let´s not waste time or energy here. As long as it works, I
care little.

>> As we discussed via email, caging the call to chkconfig only solves part
>> of the problem you reported and not all of it. The correct solution is
>> to ship a specific init script for rhel5.
>
> It still preserves custom priorities set by administrator.
> If he wants to revert to default he would run
>
> chkconfig corosync resetpriorities

it doesn´t protect you from:

chkconfig corosync off
chkconfig corosync on

i am not saying your patch is completely wrong. I am saying i´d like to
see a proper and complete fix including correct rhel5 values as you
reported them not to be correct on top of the protection.

Fabio