[Openais] corosync starts too early

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:27:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I think corosync starts too early during system initialization.
Current priorities in init.d script seems to be wrong:

corosync-1.2.2-1.1.el5:
# chkconfig: - 20 20

I observe very strange behavior, if it starts as configured I get this error

# corosync-cfgtool -s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 319425034
Could not get the ring status, the error is: 6

But if I restart it, all is well:

# corosync-cfgtool -s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 352979466
RING ID 0
	id	= 10.10.10.21
	status	= ring 0 active with no faults
RING ID 1
	id	= 10.10.3.21
	status	= ring 1 active with no faults

I think the start should be pushed way down, after ntp starts (58) , for sure
heartbeat's priority is more sensible:
# chkconfig: - 75 05

but I would push it even further, after sendmail (80), possibly
I personally do sed -i -e 's/.*chkconfig:.*/# chkconfig: 345 99 00/' /etc/rc.d/init.d/corosync in my kickstart :)

Cheers,
Vadym