[Openais] Logging directive question

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Feb 20 10:30:32 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 20:40 -0500, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    In the logging directive, are the following synonymous?
>
> to_syslog = logoutput: syslog
> to_stderr = logoutput: stderr
> to_file   = logoutput: file
>
>    If not, how are they different? The left side is in the man page, but
> I've come across the right side while hunting around the web. Is one
> deprecated in favour of the other?

The logoutput directive was used in openais 0.70.x (picacho branch).
That branch is long since deprecated.  Several years ago, that config
option was removed and replaced with the directives:

to_syslog: yes
to_stderr: yes
to_file: yes

These are the standard configuration options in both openais whitetank
and corosync.

BTW, I recommend using Corosync 1.2.0 rather then openais 0.80.x if it
is an option.

Regards
-steve