[Openais] Overview of openais.conf and amf.conf

Ryan O'Hara rohara at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 14:55:24 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:58:17AM -0500, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've been working on some docs for clustering, and have wanted to
> cover the options in openais.conf and amf.conf. I've had a heck of a
> time finding a list of what options are valid in each and how altering
> their values effects the cluster.

The openais.conf man page is not sufficient?

Also, the AMF service is not working and there had been no effort to
get it working for quite some time.

>    Is there such a list? If not, would someone be willing to help me
> write an overview? Further, there are a lot of docs on the role of AIS
> in general, but I've not found a good doc explaining what role AIS plays
> in Linux clustering. The docs all seem to have the impression that the
> reader is already familiar with AIS in general and is just looking for
> the OpenAIS specifics.

Are you specifically referring to the SAForum specifications of the
AIS services? Those explain the role of each service and its API. In
that regard, the services are simply APIs. They allow developers to
write highly-available applications and use those APIs as needed.

I believe the SAForum web site has some general information about AIS
services. Did you check there?

Ryan