[Openais] short term release plans for Corosync (through 2009) - please send a message if you have an outstanding patch that is unaddressed

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Sun Nov 22 10:16:12 PST 2009

Steven Dake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our short term release plans for Corosync (flatiron).
>
> Nov 25 - 1.1.3 - current bug fixes (including Angus's Coverity scan
> results)
>
> after 1.1.3 - stats patch stream merged into flatiron
>
> Dec 15 - 1.2.0 - statistics patch stream, SAM service, totemsrp scaling
> tested to atleast 48 physical nodes, stretch goal of resolving Dave's
> issues with cpg config change information
>
> after 1.2.0 (flatiron) is released our datasheet will be updated to
> reflect new features.
>
> If you have pending patches for the 1.1.3 release that have not been
> reviewed or merged, please resubmit them.
>
> If you have pending patches for 1.2.0 please work to get them finalized
> and merged by December 11th.

The only 3 things I have "pending" for 1.2.0 is distro-agnostic init
script, improvements to logsys and switching to libtool for linking.

The init script is pretty straight forward as it´s no more no less a
copy of what we have for cman, stripped down to a bare minimum.

The logsys changes is something we started spec´ing a while ago, but I
don´t think a month work can achieve that (mostly I don´t have enough
resources to dedicate to that kind of improvements). Maybe it´s 2.0
material.

The libtool stuff is "straight forward" changes, but they will require
testing across all supported platforms (that I don´t have).

Steven, if you can please tell me what´s your opinion on logsys and
libtool changes, then we can prioritize them differently if strictly
required. At least corosync-fplay needs a little fix to handle files in
different locations.

For the init script, I´ll try to send you a new one soon.

Fabio