[Openais] corosync scalability

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Nov 19 21:25:11 PST 2009

I have questions about corosync scalability.

The definition of PROCESSOR_COUNT_MAX is 384 in totem.h,
and this value looks changeable according to the manpage of
corosync.conf (in the explanation of vsftype parameter).
What does this value depend on?
Can I define PROCESSOR_COUNT_MAX to be more than a thousand
if I configure corosync.conf properly?

What about CPG_MEMBERS_MAX (= 128) in cpg.h?
I changed the value of CPG_MEMBERS_MAX to 1024 and tested cpg library.
It seemed to work well on 32 machines (each machine has 32 processes).
Can I set more than 128 to CPG_MEMBERS_MAX?

What will happen if I set too large number to these definition?

Thanks,

MORITA Kazutaka