[Openais] quorum.h or votequorum.h

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 05:45:14 PST 2009

On 17/11/09 10:24, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I can see the difference in the API, but what is exactly the difference - both are API into the votequorum service?

Hiya,

Quorum is a pluggable module. If you use the quorum.h API then your
application will work regardless of which quorum provider is loaded. If
you use the votequorum API then the votequorum module must be the quorum
provider that is loaded.

Currently there are three quorum providers:

votequorum
YKD
testquorum

testquorum is (as it says) just a test - it can flip the quorum state
based on an objdb value, but the other two provide quorum services in
very different ways. I cant say much more than that as I know nothing
about YKD ;-)

We hope there will be more in the future to fulfil various needs.

Chrissie