[Openais] Problem stoping Corosync+Pacemaker

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:15:23 PST 2009

Andrew Beekhof escribió:
> In this case it was important because all the rpm packages I know of
> are using a different init script to the one you posted.
> Are the packages you're using from Madkiss' repo?  Looks like he might
> need to fix the init script.

I am using a combination ;) I have compiled the last realeases and the
init script is from Lars URL. I have to do that because I want to use
the last version of the components. Today I will give a chance to the
init script from Madkiss and I will try your stop function aswell.
> This is the stop() function from init/redhat (in the source tarball)
>
> stop() {
>     echo -n $"Stopping Corosync Cluster Engine ($prog): "
>     # If no signal is specified, -TERM is used but _also_ -KILL 3s later
>     # This is far too aggressive for a cluster resource manager
> running on top of Corosync
>     killproc $prog -TERM
>     echo
>
>     echo -n $"Waiting for services to unload:"
>     while
>         pidofproc $prog > /dev/null 2>&1
>     do
>         sleep 2
>     done
>
>     success $"$base shutdown"
>     echo
>
>     rm -f "$lockfile"
>     return 0
> }

If you want to do some test before include something on a realease to
make something Debian compatible, I could try to help you in doing some
tests.

>> Maybe I could
>> use Centos to have a try... but I am not sure about that...
>>
>> Why Debian is a little unsupported ? I have found many people talking in
>> this list about problems with Debian, maybe a 30% of people of the list
>> are using Debian...
>>

> The online poll I ran put the combined Etch+Lenny figure at 27%, so
> pretty close :-)
> Don't worry, I'm well aware many people are using Debian.

OK, don't worry at all but I like Debian and I have been using Debian
from a few years...