[Openais] openais with >1 ring?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 17:45:41 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 00:19 +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured a second ring over a different NIC and used rrp_mode
> active. (Again, all on whitetank.)
>
> After a reboot of one of the nodes, the rings didn't seem to properly
> reform, and aisexec got stuck somehow and refused to shutdown. I didn't
> investigate this much further then, because I was actually going after
> another bug.
>
> Is multi-ring known to have issues (and instead recommended to use
> bonding), or is this worth investigating further?

This feature is called "redundant ring".  Multiring is a different
unimplemented feature.

Redundant ring was tested a long time ago very heavily for over 3 months
but really hasn't seen alot of field use/abuse since.  Testing since
development has been minimal since my second switch broke and I haven't
replaced it.

I can't really tell you what state it is in, other then it appears to be
broken for you :(  Chrissie may be able to provide you some idea of its
state.  She tests it occasionally with the full stack.

Unfortunately with the fc11 deadlines I am totally swamped attempting to
wrap up corosync before the fc11 merges close and don't have any time to
investigate further until corosync 1.0 hits the wire.

Regards
-steve