[Openais] spilit brain situation

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 12:14:56 PST 2009

Romi,

I am not entirely certain how pacemaker handles split brain.  Pacemaker
plugs into openais.  I believe that software uses stonithd to kill split
nodes.

Openais includes a virtual synchrony filter which produces one primary
partition even if there is an even split of nodes.  I am not sure how
the vsf filter is configured for suse, however.  The algorithm we use is
called YKD Primary Component Selection.

Regards
-steve