[Openais] Make it possible to adjust the log priority and tags at runtime.

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Sun Oct 26 22:27:22 PDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Angus & Anna Salkeld wrote:

> This patch allows you to use confdb to set the following objects at runtime:
>    logging {
>        subsys {
>                priority: debug
>                tags: trace1|trace5
>        }
>    }
>
> Note:
> -this needs to be on top of syslogv2
> -the change from syslog_level (not actually used) to priority.
>
> Regards
> Angus
>
> conf/corosync.conf               |    3 +-
> exec/logsys.c                    |   36 +++++++++++
> exec/mainconfig.c                |  119 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
> include/corosync/engine/logsys.h |    3 +
> lib/Makefile                     |    2 +
> man/corosync.conf.5              |   16 ++----
> services/confdb.c                |    8 +-
> tools/Makefile                   |    7 +-
> tools/corosync-objctl.c          |    2 +-

Hi Angus,

does this patch take into account the possibility that logging object
handle might be changed?

for example, what we do in cluster to reload is:

first (startup) config:

logging {
   blablabla...
}
... rest of the config in the objdb ...

reload:

logging {
   blablabla...
}
... rest of the config in the objdb ...
logging { <- this is the new one loaded at the bottom of the objdb
   newblablabla...
}
... new rest of the config in the objdb ..

verify that the new config is good.
purge the old config.

at this point logging { has changed object_handle and needs to be
discovered again.

Fabio