[Openais] logsys patch

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 14:18:00 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 14:32 -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> The attached patch adds a simple, function-based api to logsys, allowing
> simple programs to use it more cleanly (without macros).

I'd like to see this included as well; single-subsystem utilities (such
as fence agents) would certainly benefit from a simplified API like
this, particularly if we want to log from multiple files without
redefining the same thing in each file.

With this extension, if I understand it correctly, we also do not need
to change every file in the tree if we want to change our default log
level for a single-subsys piece of software.  (Even if we don't now, it
would look mighty strange to have mismatched LOGSYS_DECLARE_SUBSYS()
lines all over the place).

Unfortunately, it appears to rely on my patch (LOGSYS_MODE_NOSUBSYS)
which has not been incorporated nor rejected at this point.  If my patch
is rejected, we will need to fix a little bit of code.

-- Lon