[Openais] Questions regarding amf.conf

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 09:51:17 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 13:30 +0000, deneb debelak wrote:
> Hello. I have a question regarding amf.conf file and testamf1 example. I am
> interested in this setcion
>
> safSi = WL1 {
>          saAmfSINumCSIs=2
>          safCsi = WL1-1 {
>                  saAmfCSTypeName = A
>          }
>          safCsi = WL1-2 {
>                  saAmfCSTypeName = B
>                  safCSIAttr = attr1 {
>                          val1
>                          val2
>                  }
>                  safCSIAttr = good_health_limit {
>                          5
>                  }
>          }
> }
> safSi = WL2 {
>          saAmfSINumCSIs=2
>          safCsi = WL2-1 {
>                  saAmfCSTypeName = A
>          }
>          safCsi = WL2-2 {
>                  saAmfCSTypeName = B
>                  safCSIAttr = attr1 {
>                          val1
>                          val2
>                  }
>                  safCSIAttr = good_health_limit {
>                          5
>                  }
>          }
> }
> safCSType = A {
>          safAmfCSAttrName = attr1
>          safAmfCSAttrName = good_health_limit
> }
> safCSType = B {
> }
>
> section of amf.conf. i would understand that components are assigned CSIs
> when they call saAmfComponent register(). But how does AMF determine which
> CSI to assign to which component? I would also like to know why do we need
> this two values:
>
> safCSIAttr = attr1 {
>                          val1
>                          val2
>                  }
>
> and
>
> safCSType = A {
>          safAmfCSAttrName = attr1
>          safAmfCSAttrName = good_health_limit
> }
> safCSType = B {
> }
>
> Are they needed in testamf1?
>
> Each component has 2 csis assigned, we have two components on one node so
> that makes 4 csis per node but when I issue 'ps' command on one node I can
> only see two testamf1 processes. Arent there supposed to be 4 instances of
> testamf1 on one node? I read through README.amf but still can not figure
> this SI to SU and CSi to CS mapping.
>
> Can you help me please?

I think Hans covered most of this, however, I wanted to point out that a
component's job is to service one or multiple CSIs.  CSI (Component
Service Instantiation) is a single instance of a component service.  If
you wanted, you could also have a component that only services one CSI
with four copies of your component running.  You would have to change
the configuration for this to occur.

Regards
-steve