[Openais] Query about Event Service and Notification Service

Hegde, Ramesh (STSD) rameshh at hp.com
Wed Nov 22 01:55:18 PST 2006

Hello,

I am new  to the openais and I downloaded and installed openais and
could run some of the tests related to Event Service.

I have following doubts/questions related to mainly on Event Service and
Notification Service.

1. Is event Service is complete SAF complaint? i.e All Event Service SAF
APIs are supported? [ I could see the report which says it is 100% SAF
compliant]
2. Notification Service is implemented in openais? If not , any plans in
the roadmap to implement the same ?
3. Does the Event Service/Notification Service contains any Java
interfaces?
4. Is is possible to use only Event Service/Notification service from
openais? (Is it a component which can be separated?)
5. What is the model for distributing this software? I am not finding
any spec file or openais(runtime and Devel). Is it worth to use it for
production environment for event service /Notification service.

Please forgive me if I am asking some very basic silly questions

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ramesh