[Openais] How to enable debug output ?

Hans Feldt Hans.Feldt at ericsson.com
Tue Aug 29 03:28:44 PDT 2006

Fabien THOMAS wrote:

>> Yes the main debug directive seems to be broken. I will look into
>> that. But you don't want that. Write a logger directive instead to
>> get logs for the service you want instead.
>>

> What is the purpose of the main debug switch now ?

Not much, its floods standard out with totem printouts. I guess its
there for backwards compatibility.

> I think a sample in the default config or in the man page will help  to
> understand the system.

OK, I can put in my AMF section into conf/openais.conf

> ident: it is not really clear that you must put the module name here
> (checkpoint=CKPT for example)

Current man page text:

"        ident  This specifies the identity (name) for which logging is
specified. This directive is required."

How can this be improved? Maybe:

"ident	This specifies the identity (name) for which logging is
specified. This is the name used by a service in the log_init () call.
E.g. 'CKPT'. This directive is required."

> tags: The doc state enter|return but in the code its enter|leave.

oops

Will update and send a new patch.

Regards,
Hans