[Openais] openais 0.71+ segfaults on startup

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 20:05:41 PDT 2006

Vadon,

The 0.73 code seems to segfault on gcc 4.1 compilers but should work on
the toolchains you mention.  This should be fixed in trunk.

We need a stack backtrace.  To do this (please use trunk):

Change the Makefile.inc field that says "RELEASE" to "DEBUG".

type the following commands in the / directory of openais source tree.
make clean
make
cd aisexec
gdb ./aisexec
run
after the segfault
where

give us the output

This lets us know the stack backtrace of the crash and helps us
understand where it is crashing.

Also note that openais program aisexec must be run from the same working
directory as the contained lcrsos (which are not installed in the trunk
version of the make install, a problem to be fixed).  To work around
this problem, you could compile without dynamic modules - check out
Makefile.inc it should be clear (set BUILD_DYNAMIC=0).  This will link
the "lcrso" code directly into the aisexec binary.

Make sure to do a make clean first.

Keep in mind that wilson (trunk) is experimental and probably has some
other bugs which you may run into.

Also the QUICKSTART is out of date for the trunk version (another
problem that needs fixing).  Use the configuration file examples in the
conf directory when installing the configuration files for openais.  The
format has changed and will probably change a bit more before we are
finished with Wilson.

Regards
-steve