[Openais] Re: Event service unlink code

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Fri Feb 11 13:31:02 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:19, Mark Haverkamp wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 13:41 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
> > Mark
> >
> > Few comments
> > Please use the parameter names in saEvtChannelUnlink that are specified
> > in the specification.  I know the uppercase is obnoxious but ... :)
>
> You realize that this is the code and not the header file that everyone
> will be including?  Anyway if you think that it is important that the
> code parameter names match the header file I will fix it.  I don't know
> if you've noticed but none of the argument lists in the rest of the code
> have the UpperLower names.

Yeah I am aware this is the library code.  Always seems weird to have
different paramemeter names in the implementation vs the specification
though.  We should probably try to sort out if there are other cases of
this and make sure they match up...  I think all of clm, ckpt, and amf
match.

> > The unlink id is 64 bits..  I'd think you want an unlink id that matches
> > the configuration id ?  How are you sure that the unlink id is unique
> > across the cluster?

> The unlink ID is based on a node ID so it should be unique, just like
> the event ID.  If it needs to change at some point because of some
> partition merge issues that may come up later is should be no trouble.

ok cool

> > Other then the parameter names problem, the patch looks good to go.
> >

> Thanks,  I'm out Monday so I'll probably check it in on Tuesday.  I
> don't want to be gone if someone has a problem.

ok sounds good mark

Also I am working on defect-188 I should have something by mon/tue but
I'll wait until you have this patch merged before we finalize that work.