[Openais] Major stability improvements to GMI

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Wed Jul 14 17:42:07 PDT 2004

The groups.conf file is used with the availability management framework
API.  It defines the components that are used in a service group.  The
service group is used by an application to provide a service in active
standby n+m model.

It doesn't control how many processors can join the ring.  The number of
processors that can belong to a ring is set by the MAX_MEMBERS define at
the top of gmi.c

It is set to 16, although I have only tested 12 processors.

12 processors is very stable and operates correctly, except during
partitions where if packets are lost, bad things can happen.  I know
about this particular problem and how to fix it.

There are no particular roles of any processor.  The only "role" is that
of the ring representative, but that is determined by the ring algorithm
and cannot be controlled.

Thanks
-steve