[lsb-discuss] kompozer

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 13 12:29:22 PST 2010

As Robert suggested, I setup kompozer on the OpenSuSE build service:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Astewbintn

simply starting with the openSuSE:Factory build of 0.7.99 (they don't
seem to be doing 0.8 yet, which is still beta)

I was under the impression that the build service did some things for
you to build cross platform, but either I'm missing something, or you
really do have to make a cross-platform spec file and provide deb build
instructions (I've never done a .deb build, only cherry-picked patches
out of the source).

Anyway, it builds fine for OpenSuSE* and SLES11, but fails on build deps
for the other rpm based distros. It refuses to build without
instructions for Debian/Ubuntu.
I did grab Mandriva's cooker src.rpm of 0.8b1 and rebuilt it for my
2009.0, and it seems more stable than what I had, at least the sequences
that made the other version crash repeatedly seem to work.

--
Stew Benedict
Linux Foundation