[lsb-discuss] Building and checking a 3.0 compliant package under the 4.0 SDK

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Mon Apr 13 23:55:08 PDT 2009

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Jeff Licquia wrote:

>>> Is "30" the correct string? Man page and --lsb-version seems to
>>> imply "3.0"
>>>
>> I think this may be what's going on.  I've received the results
>> off-list from Steve, and the errors are consistent with having built
>> for LSB 4.0 and tested for LSB 3.0.
>>

> perhaps the tools should do a little more validation, such as
> rejecting version options that aren't recognized (or being
> more broad-minded about what to accept)?  Perhaps that's
> part of the task discussed last week to provide an argument
> stress-tester for LSB tools.

Well, lsbcc reports unrecognized values:

~$ LSBCC_LSBVERSION=30 /opt/lsb/bin/lsbcc probe.c
LSBCC_LSBVERSION is set to unrecognized value 30

But it seems that this short message is not noticeable (especially if
you have large build log after it), so maybe we should be more strict
here and fail?

--
Regards,
Denis.