[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2009: Student application

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:51:05 PDT 2009

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Have we got this covered to at least register and make sure
> we get the information?  I'm a little hestiant to take this
> on as hectic as things are today but I can if nobody else
> is doing it.

We have time until April 15, 00:00 PDT/07:00 UTC for mentors signing up
and deciding which students we take and who mentors them. If you sign up
now, you will not be obliged to mentor, but you get full access to the
applications and you can give private or public comments. Public
comments are also visible for the student. This way you can communicate
with the students even if they do not post their e-mail addresses. It is
also no problem if there are 4 or 5 people of the LSB group signed in
and in the end only 1 or 2 are mentoring a student.

The only important thing where the student application deadline gets
important for us if we want to recommend a student to apply at another
mentoring organization.

    Till