[linux-pm] Linux 3.0-rc4 intermittent failure to resume

Brad Campbell lists2009 at fnarfbargle.com
Wed Jun 29 17:21:44 PDT 2011

On 30/06/11 03:34, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2011, Brad Campbell wrote:

>> On the occasions it failed to resume (which were many) it turns out
>> /bin/resume was being called prior to udev having created /dev/snapshot.
>>
>> I put a simple wait loop in the resume script to wait for the creation
>> of /dev/snapshot and I've not had a fail to resume since.
>>
>> Curse you asynchronous dynamic device creation<shakes fist>
>
> Thank you very  much for nailing this down, I was afraid there were some
> obscure bug lurking in the kernel code.

Yeah, no worries.

I set up a loop to do automated suspend/resume cycles.
I managed over 100 cycles while compiling 2 kernels in the background.

Over the 100 cycles the kernel locked up twice, but both times were in
very early boot. I power cycled the machine and it resumed with no
problems, so the issue is not with the suspend/resume code.