[linux-pm] 32 bit s2disk on 64 bit kernel

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri Jun 17 17:52:58 PDT 2011

On 18/06/11 03:25, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>> Scratch that. I compiled up suspend-utils on a 64 bit machine with an added -all-static ld flag and
>> it's working great.
>>
>> I would have thought that with the proliferation of 64 bit procs in laptops that this configuration
>> would be more prevalent, but perhaps I'm an oddball.
>
> Do you mean 32-bit user space with 64-bit kernel?

Yes.

It turns out Virtualbox can't cope with a 32bit userspace on a 64bit kernel either (which is no
bother as I now have a kvm capable CPU, and kvm copes nicely).

I have it working, but of course it's too much of a pain to get splashy & directfb and the rest of
the playground fun to compile and link statically. The text screen is enough for me anyway.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them