[linux-pm] 32 bit s2disk on 64 bit kernel

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Jun 16 19:52:36 PDT 2011

On 17/06/11 07:50, Brad Campbell wrote:
>>> I run an entirely 32 bit userspace on a 64bit kernel. I've compiled suspend-utils from todays git
>>> tree. trying to use s2disk results in the following :
>>>
>>> Is this a supported configuration?
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>
> Hrm.. ok thanks for that. Back to tuxonice I guess.

Scratch that. I compiled up suspend-utils on a 64 bit machine with an added -all-static ld flag and
it's working great.

I would have thought that with the proliferation of 64 bit procs in laptops that this configuration
would be more prevalent, but perhaps I'm an oddball.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them