[linux-pm] Acer Aspire 1690 Suspend/Hibernate Report with 2.6.29-rc3

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jan 29 10:13:10 PST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Daniel Qarras wrote:

> Just a FYI, with my Acer Aspire 1690 using 2.6.29-rc3 suspend/hibernate behave in this manner:
>
> Hibernation completes ok but resumes immediately as if I would have
> pressed the power button. This was bisected earlier this month and was a
> regression between 2.6.23 and 2.6.24 (so no change with 2.6.29-rc3):
>
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2009-January/019225.html

Hmm. Does suspend/resume (STR) have the same issue? Or is this purely a
hibernation thing?

> Suspend completes ok and resume works also! Only thing which might be
> worth mentioning is that when pressing or moving USB mouse, its internal
> led goes on and stays that way no matter how long untouched. After
> unplugging the mouse the system also resume when plugging the mouse
> back.

Sounds suspiciously like auto-suspend getting turned off. What's
surprising is that it was on in the first place - I thought we defaulted
to autosuspend off (for non-hub devices) regardless of any suspend issues.

		Linus