[linux-pm] BISECTED: 2.6.29-rc2 regression: hibernation hang on eeepc-701

Alan Jenkins alan-jenkins at tuffmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 01:45:48 PST 2009

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009, Alan Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>>> It looks distinct.
>>>
>>> Do you suspend this box to RAM and does it work?
>>>

>> Yes, I do use STR on it occasionally, and it still works in RC2.
>>

>>> Please retest with the appended patch applied.
>>>

>> That fixes it.
>>

> OK, it won't hurt to apply it.
>
> Still, the hardware or the BIOS in your box seems to be broken, or both, so I'd
> like to debug it a bit more if you don't mind.
>
> Can you please test the patch below instead of the previous one?

It hangs at the same point as the unpatched RC2.  As before, it doesn't
hang if I use "shutdown" instead of "platform".

Going by sysfs, I have 4 PCI devices without a kernel driver.

8086:2592   Mobile 915 Express Graphics Controller
8086:2792   Mobile 915 Express Graphics Controller (driven by X)
8086:2448   82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
8086:2641   82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge

Thanks
Alan