[linux-pm] rtl8187 usb wifi adaptor causes suspend hang

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 1 06:39:41 PST 2009

--- On Thu, 1/1/09, Stefanik Gábor <netrolller.3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Alan Jenkins
> <alan-jenkins at tuffmail.co.uk> wrote:

> > I think it's a B device.
> >
> > phy0: hwaddr 00:1b:2f:76:02:bc, RTL8187vB (default) V1
> + rtl8225z2

> That is an RTL8187L, rev. B. It is not an RTL8187B.

Yes, that's the (older) non-B device. B devices says RTL8187Bv{B,D,E} . with a B before the 7; I have a rev E .The B device and the non-B device while similiar enough to share some driver code, are different enough that
they might suspend/resume differently - they do probe/init slightly differently. Besides, I think all the people who recently worked on that code are B-device owners, with maybe Larry who probably owns both types (or a few).

Hin-Tak